Friday, January 9, 2015

Scrap Attack!


I think I am fortunate to have a husband who has a passion as strong for him as my quilting is for me. He is a boatbuilder and he has a boat shop full of materials that are far more costly than any (yes even the imported) fabrics I could buy. I don’t have to hide my fabrics as some of my quilting friends do. In fact I am privileged to have a sewing room where I keep all of my vintage feedsacks and 20th century reproduction  fabrics AND an “annex” (thank you dear children for moving out) that houses all of my 18th and 19th century fabrics and reproductions.

However, there comes a time when even the most patient of husbands could say – my, but you have accumulated a lot of scraps!

I don’t know how it happens?? I can see having amassed a few scraps with Jane but I would have thought the 9-patch “feeder” project would have helped a bit.

At any rate, as soon as I can figure out how to do a “give away” in Blogland, (I’ll be asking my friend Cyndi to assist me) I will be helping to fill one of your sewing rooms with scraps. 

Enjoy the day!

6 comments:

  1. I have scrap envy!
    Not that I don't have enough scraps of my own, but I'm sure your scraps are different than my scraps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love scraps, but you are right they do seem to multiply. But somehow the scraps, always as they say, look greener on the other side of the fence. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be waiting with bated breath on your scrap giveaway! I'm sure I saw some different pieces in there that I "need"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I love scraps, too :) Looks like a great giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. scraps from a prize winning quilter? priceless....

    ReplyDelete