Monday, November 23, 2015

All leaves present and accounted for!


I put the last quilting stitches into my Burning Leaves potholder blocks last night and finished all the hand bindings (there are 36 blocks in all). It seems like I’ve been working on this forever, but in fact I started this at my retreat in June and fully intended it to be the “slow” pick up project that it turned out to be.



I made lots of other quilts this summer including 3 baby quilts, 2 wedding quilts and 4 veterans quilt tops. But this was my “go to” relaxing hand work project and I was almost sad this morning to not have it to pick up (I do need to stitch them all together but that will come later).




Thank heaven for my new Quilty 365 project. I am absolutely loving these little circles. I started on November 8 and have appliqued one circle each morning as I sip my coffee. So much fun. Thanks again Audrey (Quilty Folk) for giving me the nudge. It’s not too late to join in the fun!


I know what you are thinking. What is she going to do with the little circles?? I have to cut out the backs as sometimes feedsack fabrics are so lightweight they show through, so I end up with yet another little circle. Hmmm???? I will probably keep them for a giveaway next year of 365 little circles! Stay tuned.

13 comments:

  1. Way to go on the leaves!! They are going to look awesome and so autumny!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've accumulated a beautiful pile of leaves. I know what you mean about feeling a little sad when a project is finished. Maybe that's why I can drag out a project for so long, never wanting it to end! Hahaha. Love your circles and I see you have them stored in a circular case. Super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your leaves !! They are so cute !!
    And the circles are very popular ! I know JulieRose, who is making them too !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very efficient! I'm impressed with your list of finishes. The leaves are so pretty, it will be fun to see them come together. I would love to know how you plan to do that? Your circles are so fun, I am tempted to join in the circle play, may have to do that soon! Have a happy thanksgiving to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your leaves are so cute. Congratulations on hitting a milestone. I am enjoying making my circles too - they give me the opportunity to start something new each day even if it is just one little block.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you'll share your process when you stitch those potholder blocks together. I'm not familiar with potholder quilts. And your feedsack fabric circles are adorable! I had the same thought when cutting out those little circles that emerge behind the bigger ones! Maybe make some small setting squares w/circles if I decide to use some sashing in the big quilt. Time will tell.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! You have been busy and productive this year. If you are like me and most quilters--there is always the next project waiting in the wings

    ReplyDelete
  8. I look forward to seeing your leaf blocks all sewn together. Just know it is going to be one I like.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colors and prints you used on your leaves. So pretty and sparky! Love that the circles are such a quick simple project every day.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice leaf blocks....anxious to see a flimsy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. yay for the leaf blocks - looking forward to seeing them all together!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your leaf blocks are fabulous (do you use double fold binding? What for batting?) and what cute circles..... I am tempted by the quilty365 project as well... haven't yet decided...Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete