Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Potholder Quilt Class

I taught a potholder quilt class over the weekend with a group of wonderful ladies from Evergreen Quilters in Kennebunk, Maine.
 I love teaching this method and watching student’s reactions to my little tidbits of information. These ladies were right on top of things as a few of them had already made a group potholder quilt.
 Thanks ladies for a fun day of potholder quiltmaking!

I participated in a fun little "Mug rug" swap with Randy of Barrister's Block, now that it has been received. I made a dual holiday mug rug with Halloween on one side and Christmas on the other. I have been careful not to join in too many swaps and sew-a-longs, but this was really doable!

I have made some progress on my Noah and Matilda blocks and Kevin's Sapphire Stars mystery quilt and will hopefully post some photos soon. I love Fall, but the shorter days do cause a bit of a problem in the photography department. I have to save all my photo taking for the weekend. Stay tuned!

8 comments:

  1. How very cool that you're teaching your potholder method. You could write a book. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Kyle's comment above; you could write a book for those who are very unfortunate not to be able to attend your class. You got to share the love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, I was there just a month ago! It was so pretty (I'd been once before) but the weather was yucky. I'm thinking about renting a place up there next summer for about a month. Know anyone with a nice spot? Been checking out Bar Harbor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, those lucky ladies that were able to take your class! Would love to see you and your quilts in real life.
    You made a very clever mug rug. I am far behind. I will do well to squeak under the wire on the deadline.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what fun! I wish I could have attended too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish you'd venture to NJ and offer Potholder 101! Love your reversible mug rug :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These shorter days make it hard to photograph, and the grey ones make it hard to choose fabric. I often impressed with the great photos bloggers post. Your reversible Halloween/Christmas potholder is too fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The mug rug is so cute. 'Would not have thought of a reversible one. So clever. The potholder method of quilting sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete